FREE WEB SPACE
Free ad supported web hosting!
50 megs of storage and secure FTP access to share your hobby with the world.
Athost.net the best free hosting provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are The Terms Of Service?
- If your site has been deleted it has violated our terms of service
which are. In order for all users to enjoy our service and keep us
running smoothly we have a few simple rules. If you cannot follow these
rules please find a different service with which to host your site.
No adult (porn sites) of any kind will be allowed on our service. No
warez (sites that contain illegal file downloads) sites will be allowed
on our service.
No sites exploiting children under the age of 18. Including modeling sites of young children.
No sites containing illegal music files (mp3 or other) will be allowed on our service.
FREE sites used primarily for storage will be removed from our servers.
This is site hosting, not file storage.
athost.net reserves the right to remove any site for the above stated
reasons, and will use its own understanding of the above rules to
determine what constitutes a breach of our terms of service. By signing
up for our service you agree to the above.
- I have an index file but it does not show up or receive a No Index File error.
- Your index.html file cannot contain capital letters. It is case
sensitive and must appear as index.html. It must be in the / directory
CREATING AN index.html FILE
Your index.html file is the first
file you should create or transfer to your new web site. When your
domain name is typed into a web browser, like Explorer or Firefox, your
browser then searches for the index.html or index.htm file.
For example, http://www.athost.net is really
http://www.athost.net/index.html. The server knows that you really want
the index.html file. If no index file exists, this page will continue
to be displayed until an index.htm or index.html file is created.
- Why did my site get deleted?
- We remove free sites that have been inactive for 7 days.
had a site and are now getting a file not found error when trying to
access your site, it is most likely because we removed your site from
our network. We delete sites that are abusing our service, so those who
use the service, as it is intended, have fast, reliable service.
Free accounts may NOT upload any files over 1Mb. This is considered
storage of files since you cannot use them with your website. We do not
allow (image only) sites, or (image galleries) on Free accounts. This
means that you can use images, but you may NOT have (image only) sites
or (image galleries) with a free account. Free accounts may have a few
music files to use with your sites. We allow a few .midi and .wav files
on free accounts for website purposes. NO download sections for these
music files, please. The music files are for website use only on free
- File Not Found Error
- If you had a site and are now getting a file not found error when
trying to access your site, it is most likely because we removed it
from our network. We delete sites that are abusing our service so that
those who use the service as it is intended have fast reliable service.
Free accounts may NOT have any files over 1Mb. This is considered
storage of file, since you can not use them with your website. We do
not allow image only sites, or image galleries on Free accounts. Free
accounts may have a few music files to use with your site, not for
downloading purposes. This is the same with all the file types listed
- I lost my password.
- To have your password e-mailed to you, simply go to forgot your password
and fill out the form. Your password will be e-mailed immediatly to the
email address that you signed up with when you created your account.
If the email address you signed up with is no longer valid, your password will not be sent to you.
- Do you support Mysql, PHP etc?
- PHP, MYSQL, are available for all free accounts.
- I am unable to FTP.
- We offer a ftp access...
- Why Phpmyadmin rejects my AccountName and Password?
- Answer: Phpmyadmin doesn t accept full stops in the AccountName.
Therefore all full stops ( . ) in your AccountName must be replaced by
down slashes ( _ ). For instance, you have the following AccountName on
our host: sitename.athost.net. In this case your AccountName for
Phpmyadmin will be: sitename_athost_net.
- 50 MEG Limit Exceeded
- This error message is displayed when you have transferred 40
megabytes of data from your web page to those viewing the page. It has
NOTHING to do with how much of your 50 megabytes of space you have
used. Each time an image or html file is viewed from your site, the
size of the file is deducted from your 40 MB daily allotment. If you
continue to get this error day after day, we suggest you upgrade your
account in your User Manager. Your site will come back online at
- I don't know what I am doing where do I start?
- Our service is catered more towards users who have some html
knowledge. If you do not have any html knowledge you can get a tutorial
at http://www.htmlgoodies.com or http://www.htmlclinic.com.
- How Do I Delete, or Downgrade My Account?
- If you have a free account, you can delete your account by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What file extensions do you allow?
- We allow all file extensions to be uploaded and downloaded if you
have a paid account. If you have a free account, you may not have
download sites. If you have very many files extensions that are for
download purposes you site will be removed. You may have a few .zip
files and music files ect. to use with your site. Free accounts may not
have files over 1mb.
- Is there a file size limit?
- File size limits:
1 mb file size limit for free accounts.
- Validation Code problems!
- If you are using a web accelerator, you will need to disable it
for the validation code to work. If you are using a proxy server, go to
the page with the validation code, and try holding down the ctrl button
while refreshing your page is your using IE, or hold down the shift
button while refreshing your page if using Netscape. Then click on the
submit button. If you are using AOL, they use a proxy as well. Try the
instuction for proxy servers, or use a different isp to sign up. If the
previous process does not work, you will need to sign up on another
computer with a different isp. You only need to sign up on the
different computer, then you can work on your site from your o
- Where does the Form Mail send the information?
- Our form mailer will send to the form data to the email address
that you're signed up with when you created your account. You can
change your email address by logging into your account and clicking on
Account Info in the User Manger of your account.
- How do I change my Account information (Password, contact email address, etc...)
- To change your password, Contact email address, or any of your
personal information please log into your account and click on "Account
- Is my account limited to only 1 "MySQL database", or can I make separated secondary database?
- Yes, free account AtHost.Net is limited to only 1 MySQL database.
If you need one more MySQL database, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com with strong argumentations for creating a new DB.
- The structure of Account at AtHost.Net
- The accounts at Athost.Net contain the following folders:
|| root folder|
|| Private Data folder|
|| Public Data folder (as your site's .html,.php and etc files)|
|| Account Logs folder|
|| Account Backup folder|
|| Account E-mails folder|
- Please keep account's structure without changes.
- Is MySQL username_athost_net also limited to 1 Mb file-size?
- No, MySQL has no restrictions as to file size. We have set up a limit to 1MB only for uploading files.
- Can a page-developer access from-out HTML_public to get some data or CONSTANT
values in HTML_private (considering some security)?
- Yes, you may use scripts to access the data from private_html. Web access to
private_html is prohibited.
- Can we use DBF, TXT or XML files with "read-write" access?
- Yes, but you must set up file permissions correctly.
Athost.net team is glad to inform you about improving the quality of our services. Technical work is scheduled for the end of this week.
We'd like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
AtHost.Net Team is glad to provide you MyLoger.Com
. MyLoger.Com is a blog system free of any charges. Thank you in advance for using our service.
AtHost.Net was opened as it was planned, 25 April.
We are glad to provide you a free-of-charge hosting supporting by the latest internet technologies.